Not surprisingly as Daddy Moo runs his own gardening business, but we like to garden. There is nothing better in the Summer than picking an apple off one of our trees and popping it in the kids lunch boxes. Or strawberries, cherries and raspberries for dessert - after a main course which contained carrots and potatoes of course!
At the end of Summer 2013 while we were plowing through 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 the lovely guys at Family Camping Reviews sent us a box of fab outdoor goodies. Due to the poor weather we are just starting to take advantage of. Last week the sun was shining and the windows open it was finally beginning to feel a bit like Spring so Olive and I (mainly Olive) planted some seeds - 4 types of alien invasion and Brian the Brain!
These kits are so easy to use.
- Wet the soil disc until it expands, spread across the bottom of the container
- Add your seeds
- Pop the lid on top and place on the window sill
- Make a label so you know what is inside!
You can really easily make mini greenhouses without the need to buy a kit.
Make your own mini greenhouse :-
- You will need a tray - a vegetable punnet like mushrooms come in or a lovely lidless tupperware pot will work too. You might need to drill/poke a few holes in for drainage.
- Fill with soil
- Plant in your seeds - keep an eye out in Poundland/99p stores as they have packets in there a fraction of the Garden Centre price.
- You will need a clear thin plastic lid to place on top to create a green house - grapes and plums normally come in clear punnets, you may have to cover any holes with cellotape so that the heat doesn't escape.
- Make a label so you know what's inside and wait :)
Will let you know how we get on!