I'm so excitied that this Saturday I am taking M&M to see the Tinga Tinga Land Live Show!! Whoop! I absolutely can't wait! I love Tinga Tales ... I love the abstract, bright colourful characters and I love the wonderful old African tales which make up how and why some of our most loved animals look like they do. Why Leopoard has tears? Why Lion roars? I love them all!! The only story missing is "Why Charlie Moo doesn't go to bed?" now that would be a tale and a half ;)
I'd really love to share my joy so who wants to see the show too?? I will be giving away a family ticket, comprising either: 2 Adults & 2 children or 1 Adult & 3 Children, to any single performance on the tour (winner to decide – subject to availability). Please find general competition Terms & Conditions below.
QUESTION : What character is MALIKI ??
**hint check out Tinga Tinga on Facebook, Twitter or the website for the answer**
To enter write the answer in the comments box below by Tuesday 18th Septemeber. All correct answers will be put into a hat and Moo will select the winner ... Good Luck!!
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date - Tuesday 18th September 2012
- One entrant shall win a family ticket comprising of either: 2 Adults & 2 Children or 1 Adult & 3 Children to a single performance on the UK Tour
- The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Charlie Moo's Blog is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
Barisons Productions presents on UK Tour
How Lion Became King of Tinga Tinga Land
Writer & Director Iain Lauchlan
Producer & Composer Brian Hill
Choreography Alison Coyne
From the creator of ‘The Tweenies’ comes the brand –new LIVE children’s stage show, HOW LION BECAME KING OF TINGA TINGA LAND, a fun-packed performance that will transport children and their families on a high-octane adventure to the African Plain as it embarks on a nationwide theatre tour from 15 September.
HOW LION BECAME KING OF TINGA TINGA LAND follows the adventures of the wise old bird ‘Banjoko’ as he decides that the land of Tinga Tinga should have a King, and how he sets about finding the suitable Animal worthy to wear the crown. On his journey, Banjoko meets a host of characters, including the Cheeky Monkey ‘Maliki’, a kind but goofy giraffe named ‘Gowon’, a groovy zebra called ‘Zalika’ and a very proud lion called ‘Lutalo’.
It’s an historic day in Tinga Tinga Land: the competition to decide which animal will be King. Cheeky Monkey, Kindly Hippo, Wise Bird, Groovy Zebra, and Proud Lion will compete in singing, dancing, storytelling and painting, to see who is worthy to become the next King. Then the King will be crowned, and the party can begin!
Mixing classic nursery rhymes with traditional East African tales from the animals of the African Plain, five performers and two drummers lead audiences through a lively journey filled with music, puppets, dancing, and plenty of interaction.
The set has been produced utilising the traditional Tanzanian Tinga Tinga painting style and children will be encouraged to turn-up in costume, as their favourite animal, to bring a truly authentic African flavour to the performance.
Suitable for ages 3+, HOW LION BECAME KING OF TINGA TINGA LAND is touring UK theatres this autumn. For further information and a full tour schedule, please visit:www.kingoftingatinga.com