Over on the Russell Hobbs Blog they are running a competition to win "Two specially selected entries will receive an early Christmas present of a Russell Hobbs 18116 Deluxe 2 Slice Toaster and Russell Hobbs 18278 Deluxe Kettle matching set. And the best British Christmas Breakfasts will feature on our blog, so we can share the inspired recipes for the holiday season!"
Sounds fab right? So what do you have to do? It's simple as! All you need to do is tell Russell Hobbs what -
- Your perfect Christmas breakfast menu
- Who do you share your Christmas breakfast with?
- What are your favourite Christmas breakfast memories?
This got me thinking ... what is my perfect Christmas Breakfast?? As a kid I remember being subjected to the yearly, must eat because it's Christmas half a grapefruit swimming in melted sugar. It was a family tradition and although it was not a culinary delight we always did it (who on earth decided that would be a good idea! Mum? Dad?) followed by a bacon sandwich!! Now I have my own family and Christmas is very different.
Initially we used to split Christmas Day between our families - STRESSFUL!!! When I was pregnant with Olive we decided to stay at home on Christmas Day and enjoyed it so much we did it again and will do it again this year!! Opting to see family on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. It's great as Moo & Megan get to play with their toys instead of us being on the go at people's houses, we eat when we want, what we want and I'm not stressing when Daddy Moo the children get tired and grumpy!
As the children are still small smoked salmon, with cream cheese on bagels (yummy!!) are slightly unappreciated! So for us Christmas Breakfast is normally a take on an English cooked breakfast - sausages, eggs, beans, toast and CHOCOLATE!! Well it is Christmas!!
How To Enter
- Email your entry to RussellHobbsXmasCompetition@gmail.com by 9am GMT Monday 17th December 2012
- Include your name and contact daytime telephone number
- Entries should be no more than 500 words long
- Winners will be selected for uniqueness and creativity – photos and recipes welcome
- The winning recipe will be announced on 18th December 2012 on Russell Hobbs blog
Good luck! (full terms and conditions )